Friday, April 1, 2011

Adventures in Couponing - One stop today.

Today I went out and got some great deals at Walgreens.  I was planning to hit both Walgreens and CVS, but I ended up finding some better deals at Walgreens on what I was planning to buy anyway, so I got to skip CVS altogether.  Here's what I found:


I did two transactions and here's how I broke it down.

Transaction 1 (left side):
All of the Dove items I got were 4/$15 - 2 Dove Men's deodorants, 1 Dove women's deodorant, 1 Dove shampoo.  I had coupons for all 4 items!  When you got the 4/$15 deal, you also received $5 in Register Rewards.  Each item ended up costing $1.37 each!
I also got a small sunblock to keep in my purse as a filler item since you need to have more items than coupons in a transaction.  It was $2.99.
Total Cost: $14.59 and got $5.00 in Register Rewards - Saved $11.35!

Transaction 2 (right side)
2 Ziplock storage bag boxes - on sale for $1.99 and had two coupons for $1.25 off Ziplock bags which made them $0.74 each!
2 Colgate Total toothpaste. Were 2/$6.00 and I had 2 $1.00 off coupons which made them 2/$4.00.  You also received $4.00 in Register Rewards which essentially made them free!
1 Colgate 360 toothbrush.  On sale for $1.99 and I had $1.00 off coupon which made it $0.99.
2 Skintimate shaving creams.  Were 2/$4.00 and had a coupon for $0.55 off one.  You also received $2.00 in Register Rewards which made them $0.72 each!
Dog bones as a filler. $5.00.  Could've gotten a cheaper filler, but my puppies deserved them!
Used my $5.00 Register Rewards from Transaction 1 to help pay for it.
Total Cost: $12.93 and I have $6.00 in Register Rewards to use next time - Saved $19.00!

It was a pretty good trip!  I'm still struggling with the Register Rewards part.  It's hard to spend the money to get the rewards.  I have to keep in mind that I have the rewards to use for next time.  Although it may not seem like I'm saving a ton, in the end I really do.  Have you gotten any great deals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment