Saturday, August 6, 2011

Adventures in Couponing - Back to it!

It's been quite a while since I've gone couponing.  There were even a couple of weeks I didn't go out to get a newspaper for the inserts - GASP - I know!  9 months pregnant was not agreeing with me and not even the coupons were worth leaving the house for.  But now that Layla's here and I'm MUCH more comfortable, I'm getting back into the swing of things.  I was excited to go through my coupons and get it all organized to start it up again.  A friend of mine sent me a text letting me know that Walgreens had a ton of baby items on clearance.  I'm SO there!  I got out my binder, grabbed all my baby coupons, checked out the week's insert for sales and made my list of what to get.  Here's how I did:

Transaction #1:
Crayola Washable Classic Markers - $2.00 with $2.00 Register Rewards = FREE!
Dove Shampoo ($4.99) and Treatment Conditioner (5.99) - BOGO 50% off and had a coupon for BOGO Free!  Got the shampoo for free and the conditioner for half off!
2 Pampers Swaddlers Diapers - $10.00 each with $3.00 Register Rewards.  Also had two coupons, one for $2.00 off and one for $3.00 off any Pampers diapers

Total Spent: $23.26
Total Saved: $18.96

Transaction #2:
Huggies Wipes Refills - $7.99 - $2.00 off coupon in the Walgreens savings booklet and had a coupon for $2.00 off Huggies wipes made it $3.99!
Disney Princess doll - clearance for $1.73 (not pictured because Caylan wouldn't let it go!)
TGIFriday's chips - $1.00 (love to snack on these while I'm scrapping)
Dawn dish liquid - on sale for 99 cents, and had a 50 cent coupon which made it 49 cents
Princess Party cup - 99 cents, just because
M&Ms as a filler
*Used $5.00 in Register Rewards from the first transaction

Total Spent: $4.95
Total Saved: $16.06!!!

Unfortunately, there weren't that much on clearance that I needed, but I did find great deals on diapers and wipes, which I need a lot of, and have a lot of coupons for from companies.  All in all, a great first trip back into couponing!  And definitely going out tomorrow to get a newspaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment