Friday, January 2, 2015

My 2015 Reading List

Every year, I make a reading goal.  Usually it's a number of books I want to read.  The past couple of years, I haven't met my goal.  I went from 50, to 45, to 40.  For 2014, my goal was 40.  I've read 14.... So, as the pattern shows, I'm not reading as much as I used to.  And that bothers me.  I've always been a reader.  A quick reader.  Lately, I've been concentrating on other things, such as scrapbooking.  And I'm a stay-at-home mom, so honestly, by the time I crawl into bed, I'm dead tired.  I read for maybe ten minutes and I'm falling asleep with my Kindle or book dropping onto my chest.  I want to make reading more of a priority in 2015.  That will mean heading to bed earlier.  That will mean reading more during the day when my girls are behaving enough for me to sneak in a chapter or two.  That will mean taking my book to school pick-up instead of playing Candy Crush for 20 minutes.  I want to read more non-fiction.  I want to read more faith-based books.  And, I found this list posted on a Kindle group that I follow.  As soon as I saw it, I immediately printed it out and stuck it into my planner.  This is my new goal for 2015.  There are 50 books here, so that's a lofty goal, but I'm going to try.  Even if it comes down to knocking out two checkmarks with one book.  I'm going to TRY not to do that, but we'll see how it goes.  I just want to enjoy reading again.  I think this list will help.  What's on your to-read list for 2015?


1 comment:

  1. I set my goal for 22 books last year and I read 20. This year I'm setting my goal at 23. I think I can do it!

    ReplyDelete