Friday, October 21, 2011

Project Life

I've finally decided to take the plunge and do a Project Life album.  If you haven't heard of Project Life, here's a little bit that I've picked up from my research.  It was developed by Becky Higgins.  It's a kit that you can purchase that will help make your scrapbooking life a little simpler.  With two children now, I need a little simplicity around here!  The kit comes with a 12x12 album, slotted page protectors, a "core kit" that has journaling cards and embellished cards (called filler cards), month bookmarks and some 12x12 cardstock.  The idea of the album is to use the slotted page protectors (think baseball card type) and all you have to do is add in your pictures and some journaling cards.  Super easy.  Everything is there for you and everything matches already.  No thinking, just doing.  I'm going to do this to document our year for 2012.  I will also add in my own supplies to jazz it up a bit.  It's something different for me and I'm excited about it!  I will still make pages to go in my other albums, but this is something that will help me use all the pictures we take of everyday things and it takes some of the pressure off of having to do an entire page to document one small thing.  Here's some more info on Project Life if you're interested:
I have enlisted a few friends of mine who are excited to do this project with me as well.  We're going to start meeting once a month and work on our albums while our kids play!  I'm super excited to get it and start!  I'll be blogging about it and showing you my progress each month.
*I have an album that's ongoing that's documenting my "100 List."  100 things I want to do before I die.  I'm not loving my album anymore and I'm thinking one of these kits might be perfect for that project as well.  Might have to revamp it!

No comments:

Post a Comment