This week, I headed to Target three...yes, three...days in a row for some deals. I need to learn to be patient and wait for a lot of the deals to be announced before just running there so I don't have to make all these trips. Although each trip was worth it. I want to highlight two of these trips (the other wasn't coupon based, just stuff we needed last minute).
1. 2 Carefree Panty Liners - on sale for 89 cents
used one $1.00/1 coupon for one and a 50 cents/1 coupon for the other which made one free
and the other 39 cents!
2. 1 Bottle liners - $2.99 - no deal, just needed them
3. 1 Mail envelope - $1.64 - no deal, just needed it
4. 2 Papermate 10pk Pens - on sale in Back-to-School bins for $1.00 each
used two $1.00/1 off coupons from Target.com - made them FREE!
5. 4 Rose Art 24 pk Crayons - on sale in Back-to-School department for 25 cents each
used $1.00/3 RoseArt products from RP 7/29 - made all 4 of them FREE!
6. 2 Suave Kid's Body Wash - on sale for $1.79
used two 75 cents/1 coupon and I think another coupon (can't find the deal now and I didn't keep
good notes - sorry!)
7. 4 Gerber Puffs bags (from registers) - 99 cents each
used two $1.00/2 coupons - made them 50 cents each
8. 1 Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar - on sale for $1.17
used $1.00/1 coupon - made it 17 cents!
Total Spent: $9.06
Total Saved: $10.35!
*sorry about the stuff I couldn't find. I'll keep better notes next time. This was from the week of 7/29
Trip two (made today!)
1. 1 Stayfree 18pk Ultra Thin Pads - on sale for $2.89
used $2.00/1 coupon from SS 7/22 and $1.00/1 Target coupon from mailer envelope - made them
FREE! *I also heard there was a Target coupon in the PG from 7/29, but I didn't have it
2. 2 Scotch Tapes - on sale for 49 cents in Back-to-School bins
used two 50 cents/1 coupons from Target.com - made them FREE!
3. Colgate Kid's Toothpaste - on clearance for $1.86
used $1.00/1 any Colgate toothpaste from Target mailer coupon - made it 86 cents!
4. 3 Papermate 10pk Pens - on sale for $1.00 in Back-to-School bins
used three $1.00/1 Papermate coupons from Target.com (same as in first trip) - made all of them
5. 2 Garnier Fruicis (one shampoo & one conditioner) - on sale for $2.79 each
used two $1.00/1 coupons from Coupons.com and two $1.00/1 coupons from Target.com - made
them 79 cents each!
Total Spent: $2.44
Total Saved: $13.40
This one is my favorite!!!
*Be sure to check out Target's new coupon policy - mainly that you can only use four of the same coupon in one trip. And they no longer allow overages, so the coupon needs to be entered manually to be changed to the price. For example, the 50 cent coupon for the tape needed to be entered manually by the cashier to make it 49 cents off. Make sure you pay attention to that!
I'm excited to get back into couponing and really start saving some money. I'll try to share here as often as I can and take better notes!