Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013



Happy New Year everyone! 

2012 was a pretty amazing year and I'm so excited that 2013 is under way.  Now, let's talk Resolutions.  Most of us make them, right?  Most of us don't keep up with them either, right?  I'm definitely guilty of this one.  I'm a sucker for a "fresh start" each year and I love to make resolutions, so I will keep doing so.  I want to focus on making resolutions that I can stick to and that are achievable.

I Choose
Elise Blaha Cripe has a class up at Big Picture Classes called I Choose, which focuses on goal making and goal achieving.  I signed up immediately!  She has great videos talking about her successes and missteps in setting and reaching her goals.  So far, it's great and I'm excited to keep going with it.  If you need help in this area, I highly recommend the class.

My Resolutions
I took my time setting resolutions this year.  I wanted them to count.  I took time to reflect on what's important to me right now and what I want to really focus on in my life.  Here they are:

1.  Read the Bible in one year.
     My mother-in-law gave me a great women's devotional Bible last year for Christmas.  In it, is a reading guide to read the Bible in one year chronologically.  I love this idea!  I've never read the Bible with intention...only versus here and there in church.  I've always wanted to read it and this year, I'm doing it.  I want to understand what the Bible says, and I'm interested in knowing the message and how it will affect my life.  More thoughts on this and how it's going in another post later.

2.   BLOG MORE!  ;)
      I'm not a very good blogger - whew, there, I said it.  I have good intentions to blog and I wish I could be like the other bloggers that I stalk follow on a daily basis and have the coolest posts that I like to lose myself in.  I DO want to keep blogging, so I've set a goal to blog a MINIMUM of two times a week.  I already have a list of things I want to blog about, so hopefully I can keep up on this.

3.  Reach my goal weight.
     I know I can do this.  I've done it before.  I have 30 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight.  I just need to shut up and do it.  Or "Shut up and color," as my husband would say (Air Force term).  Interestingly, a Bible verse was quoted in church last week that touches on helping me reach this goal.  Again, more on that later.  Basically, I'd like to NOT make a weight-related resolution for 2014.

4.  Write in my journal more.
     I have a gorgeous journal that I write in sporadically.  I'd like to write in it more often and use it as a stress reliever when I need one.

5.  Be a better Key Spouse.
     This is an Air Force thing.  I'm a Key Spouse for my husband's squadron, which means I keep in touch with spouses and their needs.  I've let some of my responsibilities slide a little and I want to correct that.

6.  Meal plan better.
     I'm trying a new technique for meal planning to help take the stress out of it a bit.  So far, it's great and I'll share what I'm doing in another post soon.

7.  Read 40 books.
     I keep a running list of the books that I read each year.  In 2009 and 2010 I read close to 50 books each year.  For 2011 and 2012, it was 29 books exactly both years.  I want to get the number back up there.  The goal is 40!  Any suggestions?

So, there are my goals for 2013.  I'm excited to start on them and I'm very excited to see where 2013 is going to take us and what it has in store for our family.  Thanks for sticking with me and feel free to share any resolutions YOU have for 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment