Thursday, January 17, 2013

Project Life, Week 1

Cover page
Previously, I had decided not to add my Project Life spreads on my blog.  It got to be a little boring (at least to some of you, probably) and I didn't blog often enough to really share my album every week.  Upon further reflection, I decided I WILL share it weekly.  Since I am very good about keeping up with my album and I want to blog more often, I think it will be a good push to be sure I'm blogging more so that it's not just Project Life.  I'd like a good variety, so I think it will help.  With that...here is my first week of Project Life.
Full view

Left side
Right side


Insert which is in the album, although not pictured.  This is a Studio Calico Handbook page protector and is 6x8 in dimensions.  Front side.
Back side
I am using Becky Higgin's Seafoam Core Kit which was designed by Elise Blaha Cripe.  I just love Elise.  I've been following her blog for a while and purchased a few things from her shop, which is just awesome stuff.  The card with the Neil Armstrong quote is also available on Elise's blog.  I love the Seafoam kit because I LOVE the colors - hello beloved turquoise - mixed with black, white, some yellow, grey and kraft.  The cards are simple enough that they can be left as-is or dressed up.  The card on the right side that says, "That's what Layla said," was designed by Geralyn Sy (who's an AMAZING scrapbooker) and I just love it!  It's a digital card so I can print it as often as I like, which will come in handy when Layla starts saying more words.  I also ordered one for Caylan which I've used in the past. 

I really love the cover page and my first week.  The insert is in the album and sits just in between my first week spread.  It's a nice little addition to document my New Year's Resolutions.  I'm playing a little bit of catch up because I just got the kit this week, so I'll be working on week 2 tomorrow and will share this weekend.  I hope you enjoyed it and will come back and see my weekly updates on my Project Life album.  If you have any questions about the album or my process, please don't hesitate to ask!

Other supplies:  Design A Page Protectors, We R Memory Keepers 12x12 album in Orange Soda
For more information on Project Life, please visit Becky Higgin's blog for fun videos and tutorials.

1 comment: