Friday, December 10, 2010

Book Review - Mercy

I just finished a book called Mercy by Jodi Picoult.  I. Love. Jodi. Picoult.  She is my favorite author.  Favorite!  She writes about hard issues that make you feel things you probably shouldn't.  In this case, she makes you feel sympathy for a man who killed his wife.  You spend the entire book hoping that he'll be found Not Guilty, regardless of the fact that he admittedly killed her.  I won't give anything away, but one of the main characters just made me so mad!  One of the main characters cheats on his wife (not the one who killed his wife, a different one).  And it made me SOOOOO mad!  I know that a lot of people cheat, but she really didn't deserve it.  I focused more on that than on the trial, that's how mad it made me.  As always, Picoult wrote a great book that made me feel so many emotions, including anger.  Another great book!

One of my goals for my 32nd year is to read 50 books, including the first book in each series that I'm interested in reading, to see if I do in fact want to read the whole series.  I decided my next book will be one of these series starters.  I'm moving on to the first book of a series that my mother and sister told me about.  It's called Nightwalkers by Jacquelyn Frank and the first book is about Jacob.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome challenge! I may have to borrow your idea! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review - haven't read that one yet. I need to pick up the pace on my reading. I've been a slacker lately and your challenge sounds like a great way to do it!

    ReplyDelete