Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Adventures in Couponing - Scored BIG at CVS!

This was the most successful trip to CVS I've had yet!  When I got there, I scanned my Extra Care Card at the coupon station to get the day's coupon.  Low and behold, it printed out $4.00 in ECB's that were available to me because of my purchase credit.  SCORE!  So there was $4.00 automatically for me.  It also printed out a $1.00 off Dove Hair Care product, so I stopped by to check that price.  Here's the breakdown of what I got:


2 Dove Men's deodorants: they were on sale for $0.99 each.  I had two $1.00 off coupons, which made them FREE!

1 Dove Conditioner (I have shampoo, but not conditioner): on sale for $3.00.  I used the $1.00 off coupon from the machine, which made it $2.00.

2 Coke Zero 2-Liters: on sale for $0.88 each.

1 4-pack CVS toilet paper (needed some to hold me over until my big shopping day): $3.39

Grand total before coupons or ECBs: $10.13
Total after coupons: $7.15
Total after ECB's: $3.15

Total out of pocket cost: $3.61 including tax....Saved $6.54.  SCORE!

So basically, all I paid for was the toilet paper.  Literally!  I got two 2-Liter cokes, two deodorants and a conditioner for free.  You really can't beat that!  P.S.  My husband is good on deodorant for at least a year.  Seriously!  When I put them away, I counted my stock and he has 6 sticks of deodorant.  And I paid pennies for them, if that.  I heart couponing!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I've said it before, I don't have the patience, but apparently if you do it is totally worth it! :0)

    ReplyDelete