Monday, April 4, 2011

Adventures in Couponing - Target and Walgreens

Today, I hit Target and Walgreens for some deals.  Got some pretty good ones.  Here's what I ended up getting:

Target:

Suave Kid's Body Wash - read on The Krazy Coupon Lady that they were on sale for $1.75.  However, at my Target, they were $1.87, not a huge difference so no biggie.  I did notice that the 12oz and the 18oz were the same price, so I grabbed the 18oz to get the most for my money.  Both were $1.87 and I had two $0.25 off coupons.
Final Price: $1.62 each

Suave Kid's Detangler Spray (we go through a lot of that in our house!).  They were $1.92 each and I had a coupon for $1.00 off 2 Suave kid's hair care products that I got in the mail from Target.
Final Price: $1.42 each

Kandoo Flushable Wipes.  On sale for $1.42 and I had a $1.00 off coupon from the P&G coupon book from 4/3.
Final Price: $0.42

Overall price: $6.50
Saved: $2.50 in coupons


Walgreens:
2 Crayola Wonder On-the-Go sets.  Were on sale for $1.50 each.  Had two $1.00 off coupons from the Smart Source from 4/3.
Final Price: $0.99 each (great Easter basket stuffer)

4 5 Gums.  On sale for $0.99 each.  Had two $1.00 off coupons when you buy 2 from smartsource.com.  Also, when you buy 3, you receive a code to enter to win an Ipad or a Walgreen gift card that you can enter everyday until June 4.  And you get a Catalina coupon for $1.00 off an 5 Gum multipack.
Final Price: $0.49 each

Gain Laundry Detergent.  On sale for $4.99 (orginal price is $7.99).  Had a $1.00 off coupon that I've had for a while.
Final Price: $3.99

Energizer AA Batteries - 10 pack.  On sale for $5.99.  Had $1.00 off coupon.
Final Price: $4.99

Dawn Dish Detergent.  On sale for $0.99.  Had coupon for $0.25 off from P&G from 4/3.
Final Price $0.74

Fillers: Pez Refills $1.79 and two Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs $0.39 each (both for Easter baskets!)

Final Price: $10.61
Saved: $22.45
*also used $6.00 in Register Rewards from previous purchases

 So I did pretty good today.  One thing I'm struggling with is sometimes the deals I'm hearing about aren't the same in my stores.  For example, the Suave Body wash at Target wasn't the same as I had heard.  Also, the Crayola Color Wonders were rumored to be priced at either $1.50 or even on clearance in some stores.  At mine, they were $1.99.  So I'm trying to adjust when I need to.  I still got great deals, so I can't complain.  However, there have been times when I couldn't find the deal I was expecting so I just walked away because it wasn't worth using the coupon.  

Here's another great deal that I couldn't find.  If you go to Purex.com and sign up, you can either get a free sample mailed to you, or you can print a $2.00 off 1 coupons for Purex with Zout.  It's SUPPOSED to be on sale at Walgreen for $1.99, so that would've made it free.  BUT, my Walgreens didn't even carry the Purex with Zout in it.  Now I wish I had done the free sample.  But I have a coupon so if I can find it on sale somewhere else, I can get it for $2 off.  Things like that can be frustrating.  But jump on that deal if you can!

Have you found any great deals this week?  Also, don't forget that the Extreme Couponing series starts this Wednesday, April 6 on TLC!  I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment