Friday, February 4, 2011

Book Review: Sarah's Key

Last night, I finished Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay.  Wow.  What a great book!  It had been sitting on my Kindle for a while and I finally got a push to read it when my book club chose it as the next selection.  Thank God they did, because I LOVED it!  It's a very heavy subject being about the Holocaust and what happened in Paris in 1942.  But the way she wrote it made it easy to read and digest.  I didn't have to really figure anything out.  The first part of the book goes back and forth between a little Jewish girl who was affected by the Holocaust and the present woman who's doing research on it for a magazine story.  Then it starts showing how the two lives are linked.  It's such a great and really sad story.  I really enjoyed it and definitely recommend it to anyone!

Now I'm going to read Waiter Rant by Steve Dublanica.  I've been wanting to read it and a friend of mine just let me borrow it, so I'm excited to get started.  I've never been a server, but I have worked in a restaurant as a hostess, so I'm interested to see what it says about the industry.  I hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Let me just end by saying that we're hosting a Superbowl party on Sunday...and....GO STEELERS!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it--I've been trying to decide about that book. My grandparents were in the Holocaust, so it touches an emotional chord for me, which sometimes makes me not want to read things (weirdly enough).

    ReplyDelete