Friday, January 13, 2012

Project!

I did a very cool project this week that I absolutely LOVE!  I was on a mad hunt for this storage piece at Harbor Freight Tools after reading what Shanna did with it.  She posted it on Studio Calico and she started a revolution!  Everyone went out to get one and now the company is backed up on them until April!  I had to drive about 45 minutes north to get mine, but so worth it!  It's basic black, but I got some spray paint to jazz it up and it goes with my scrap room really well.  Here's what I used:
 Storage bin, two bottles of Tropical Oasis spray paint and metal pain primer from Lowe's.
I started by putting the layers together first.  Got that tip from the message boards.  If you paint before starting assembly, the paint chips off from banging, screws, etc.  After assembling the separate layers, I painted a layer of primer.  Then added about 4 thin coats of spray paint until it was completely covered.  Took a while with drying time, but so pretty!
 After putting it together, I added some black woodgrain washi tape from the Studio Calico January kit along the edges of the tiers.  My scrap room color scheme is teal/black/white, as you can probably see!

And here it is all full of yummy products!  I love that I can just reach over and grab what I need.  I plan to keep tapes, mists, inks, stuff like that in here.  I'm also going to keep some random small things that I'd like to use.  I'll keep adding product as I use things so I can be sure my products don't get lost in everything else I have.  This thing holds so much!  Love it!

Here are a couple more of these bins that people have done:
Kinsey Wilson
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment