Monday, October 25, 2010

Christmas in...October? (and some True Stories)

Hello friends!  Hope you all had a great weekend!  I have a few things to share.  First, I'm attempting my first December Daily album this year.  If you haven't heard of them, Ali Edwards started by sharing a monthly album she does every December and it really caught on.  December Daily albums are spreading like crazy and the creativity is just amazing.  I've been lurking around for a couple of years, and finally decided to do one for myself.  The key to these albums is to have it completed BEFORE December.  That way, all you have to do is add pictures and journaling each day.  I spent the weekend hunting and gathering my Christmas supplies and other things that can be used in the album.  I'm excited to get started on it this week.  If you want to see Ali's process, there's a blinkie on the right side of my blog that will lead you to her.


I also have some cool news.  I had heard about a journaling class called True Stories that is being taught by Shimelle Laine.  I've heard amazing things about her classes and I was interested in taking it.  However, I had just taken Amy Tan's class and when I thought about paying for another class....not so much.  So when a few blogs that I read had giveaway spots in her class, I entered all of them!  Low and behold, I won a spot from Kelly Goree's blog!  I scared my husband with the shreeeeeek I let out when I saw that I won.  The class started today and I'm excited to put pen to paper and start writing my true stories!

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends is also taking that class she's really excited too.
    I'm hoping to do a dec daily this yr. last yr i only made it half way lol
    xo

    ReplyDelete