Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sketchbook 2 - Day 10 and some Potty-Training

Day 10 of Sketchbook 2.  Only two more sketches, one of which I got this morning.  I have so loved this class.  Just had another live chat with Kelly and some of the Studio Calico Design Team members, who are amazing.  I loved this sketch and I love the page that resulted from it:
I don't do many pages about myself or my thoughts, and I want to do more!  Love this one!

Ok, calling all Mommies!  My two-year-old little princess has officially started potty-training.  My husband and I were totally dreading this.  Worrying about the messes, about the frustration, just not looking forward to it at all.  We started yesterday and this little girl is a champ!  We decided to go cold turkey and just put her in some undies and deal with the messes until she got it.  Well, she got it!  We started by putting her on the toilet a couple of times, even though she didn't go.  She had one small accident and we calmly explained to her that she needs to use the potty when she has to go.  That resulted in three successful trips to the bathroom, and she even told me she had to go on the last visit!  Diaper went on over night of course, and this morning she went right into the bathroom and went!  This is too easy.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...but we'll see how today goes.  So far, she's really doing well and making us very proud.

1 comment:

  1. love the page - esp the "hers" sticker, what a perfect detail!!

    we're potty training here, too - so i feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete