Friday, August 6, 2010

Sketchbook 2 - Day 3 (and a little competition)

Here is the third page I've done for my Sketchbook 2 class I'm taking.  When I got the sketch this morning, I'll admit that I had no idea what I was going to do.  By the time I got to my scrap table, I still had no idea.  So I pulled out my little embellishment tin and went through it.  I saw that I already had a punched circle (kinda like a sun) and a huge pink flower.  Since the sketch called for circles, that's where the idea came from.  I knew I wanted to do a page of Caylan's favorite things right now so we could look back at what she enjoyed.  I absolutely love how this page turned out.  At the last minute I added the blue pieces to help break up the pink a little and I love how it turned out!
So, for the month of August, my husband and I have a friendly competition going.  We're competing to see who can lose the most weight.  The loser has bedtime duty for two weeks straight.  We're both trying to lose, so this will give us both a little push in the right direction.  I have joined a gym and I'm working with a personal trainer.  I'm proud to report that this week, I went to the gym 4 days and I walked at home 2 days!  That's the most active I've been in a while and I feel great!  I'm taking the weekend off (Saturday at least, I might still walk on Sunday) and can't wait to have another great week. Team Sarah!

My weekend goals are these:  1. Finish my book: Eat, Pray, Love (it's been easier to read and I'm almost done).  2. Watch my latest West Wing DVD (I'm on Season 6).  3. Probably do some more scrapping.  4. And of course, the ever-dreaded baskets of laundry must be done.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment