Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sketchbook 2 - Day 11

Whew, I had some fun on this page!  Two words: Glimmer Mist!  I took a stamp and used embossing ink on white cardstock to stamp the image.  I let it dry completely.  Then, I sprayed glimmer mist over the image until it showed up white.  That was fun!  I'll definitely do that on another page!  I normally don't make pages without photos, but this one was fun.  Caylan's first artwork paper has been sitting on my desk for almost a year, so I was very happy to get it down on a page.  When I saw the sketch, the big circle element scared me a bit, since I don't normally do circles.  But that's the beauty of this class.  It pushes me out of my comfort zone and gets me to try new things.  I absolutely adore it.
Only one more sketch left of this class.  I'll receive it tomorrow.  I'll be sad when it ends, but I have a great collection of sketches that are going in a binder to use for future pages.  There's been some talk of a Sketchbook 3 class, which I would sign up for in a heartbeat! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great layout. I too would love a Sketchbook 3 class. I just got the last sketch - it might be my favorite.

    ReplyDelete