Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sketchbook 2 - Day 12 and some Date Night Pics!

Here is my last page for the Sketchbook 2 class.  Of course, I love it.  I really loved this class.  It was very inspirational and pushed me out of my comfort zone, which I needed.  I feel that since I've been on Studio Calico, my scrapbooking has gotten better.  Everyone on there is so talented.  I've been pushing myself to be more creative with my products and I have loved every single page that I've made since starting this class.  Big thanks to Kelly Purkey for getting me on Studio Calico and giving me so much inspiration.  I'll definitely be signing up for her next class!
I hope that turned out ok, I'm using a different computer.  If not, here's the SC link so you can look at it more closly if you want: I Bub You.

On to date night:  Let's talk about this movie.  If you haven't seen it yet, I won't spoil anything.  But I didn't really like Eat, Pray, Love.  I felt the same way about the book.  I'm trying so hard to like it, but it's just not doing it for me.  I admire her and I think she's really brave, but I was bored.  Julia was great and the guy who played Giovanni...I could've listened to him talk all night with that Italian!  The Italy part was my favorite.  It was beautiful and the food looked amazing.  Made me want to go there even more than I already do!  So the movie was a little disappointing for me, but I've heard a lot of people really loved it.  Maybe it's just me?
Dinner was phenomenal!  We went to Ra Sushi, a place we've heard great things about.  We got there and ended up eating at a small table in the bar so we didn't have to wait for a table.  It was like a night club in there!  Definitely the hippest sushi place we've been to.  Where else will you hear Beyonce's Diva while eating sushi.  I was bouncing in my chair...just a little.  The sushi was amazing!  We split four different rolls and each was so good.  I didn't even use soy sauce!
After dinner, we went next door to Frost Gelato.  Oh. My. God.  This gelato is ridiculous.  It was so cold and creamy...wow!  I got chocolate hazelnut and my husband got a two-scoop of panne cotta and amaretto.  Wow!
So, date night was wonderful, despite the crazy lightening storms that seem to be pretty common in southern Arizona, at least this time of year.  I'm excited to start my mini book class tomorrow and will definitely be sharing my projects.  If you haven't already, please check out my Scrap Angel facebook page to see some more of my work, plus some ordering information if you want to order a custom scrapbook.  I'm dying to make some awesome projects for you!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment