Monday, September 13, 2010

Book Review and Some Projects

Calling all vampire lovers!  I just finished Born to Bite by Lynsay Sands.  OMG!  It's the 13th book of the Argeneau vampire series.  If you enjoy vampire books and haven't read these....do it immediately!  Not only are the storylines fantastic, the love scenes are...um...lovely.  They're definitely adult books, but they're very very good.  The series focuses on one family of vampires and the people they live their lives with, called their lifemates.  Each book focuses on one member of the family and you learn their backgrounds and how they met their lifemates.  One of the best series I've read.  And number 14 comes out in December.  Happy Sarah!  If you're interested, the first in the series is called A Quick Bite

My next book is going to be The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson.  I really enjoyed the first book and I'm excited to see where this one will take us.

On to my projects update.  Oh my.  I have a lot of stuff to work on!  I've started my mother-in-law's WWII album.  I was very nervous about it because the stuff she has is so incredible.  Once I started sketching and making plans, I was feeling better.  I've gotten 3 layouts done so far.  I'm not going to post anything until it's all finished, but I'm very happy with the results.  I just hope to do it justice, and so far I think I am.
I am also going to do a Halloween themed mini album to keep my daughter's costume pictures in over the years.  I'm also going to be making some extras of these albums to sell on my Scrap Angel site.  I have also completed my "32" mini album that I made for my minibook workshop.  I'll be taking pictures and posting it tomorrow.  I really love the way it turned out.

AND I received my Studio Calico kit and extra goodies today!  I was stalking my door just waiting for the UPS man, who took forever!  I was overwhelmed with how beautiful everything was and I totally understand all the hype over Studio Calico deliveries.  Well worth the money!  I'm excited to get started on some pages and projects.  Luckily, I got the Harvest Moon add-on, which has some awesome fall and Halloween themed items.  Just perfect for my mini!  I can't wait to get back to my studio and start creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment