Monday, September 13, 2010

ETSY???

Some of you may know that I have a Scrap Angel facebook site where I advertise my custom scrapbook business.  I've also considered creating an ETSY shop to sell some already made products.  I'm wondering if anyone has a site, or shops on them, and what your experiences are?  Would ETSY be a good resource for custom scrapbook products?  I'm just wondering if it would be worth the effort.  I've gotten two custom scrapbook orders from my facebook site, but just not the response I was hoping for.  Thanks for your advice or input!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! I think the Etsy shop would be a great way to sell your (technically) already made items like your autograph books or maybe a brag book for a new baby where the person will put in their own pictures and text. I have no experience myself, but I have several friends who love their Etsy shop. It seems fairly easy to get started and maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    I just found your blog from a comment you left on Elise's blog. I also took her mini class. Which was so good! Anyway, I have a etsy shop and have been open now for over a year. I love etsy but it took a while for me to start selling stuff. I make custom & creative: paper embellishement. I also scrapbook (my main hobby) but I do have a few scrapbooks for sale on etsy - I have only sold a few but I never made enough to really get traffic from them. Your one step ahead of me though I have yet to make my blog. I hope by the end of this year I will. I think if you can promote and get traffic to your etsy you will slowly get some sales. Good luck - I just added your blog to my google reader!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tiffany! I LOVED Elise's class! I might just go ahead and make some small mini's and get a shop opened soon. Maybe some premade mini's will lead to some custom orders as well. Scrapbooking is hard business to get into! I think it's mainly the cost though. These suckers aren't cheap! I'm going to go check out your shop right now!

    ReplyDelete