Monday, September 6, 2010

Projects, Projects, Projects!

Happy Labor Day everyone!  This has been a nice, relaxing weekend.  And a very inspiring weekend as well.  I have been getting a TON of creative ideas and I can't wait to get to my studio today and play, play, play!  I posted earlier about my mother-in-law asking me to create a WWII tribute album of her father's service.  I just received the package with the items to use, and let me tell you, this stuff is so awesome!  I'm really hoping that I can do it justice.  All of these old items are a little intimidating and I just hope I can make them shine.  I can't wait to get started on it!

Another project that I MUST get going on this week is a baby quilt for my sister.  She's expecting her third child in December.  When she told me she was expecting, I knew I was going to hand-make a gift for her.  When she had Emily, I made her a scrapbook.  When she had James, I made her a cross-stitch for the nursery.  Now, I'm making a quilt for Matthew.  I pulled out my fabric, determined to use what I have (what a concept!).  I noticed that I had a lot of browns, yellows and reds.  Those go well!  So I pulled out patterns that go together and I'm going to get started this week.  I'm planning a trip home for either December or January to see her and the baby, so I'd like to get it to her before then.  I'm excited to get sewing again.

Other projects: two thank you cards, a mini book for my class and a design team submission.  Whew, I'm going to be a busy girl this week.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a good weekend too! Sounds like you have your hands busy!! I can't wait to see your WWII tribute album!

    ReplyDelete